Metarex Co. Ltd. was founded in 1992 and was one of the first private companies in the field of trade and processing of ferrous and non-ferrous metal scrap, plastic scrap and waste paper, etc.
The company’s team of highly qualified specialists establishes business contacts with many Bulgarian and foreign companies and gained experience in the field of the full servicing of companies, including waste management of generated industrial hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our company is developing rapidly and constantly in order to meet the expectations and every customers’ requirement.
The solutions, which Metarex Co. Ltd. offers, fully comply with the current Bulgarian and EU legislation in the field of the waste management.
The companies’ complex service includes the following services:
- Waste classification and worksheets preparation;
- Consulting about companies’ obligations as waste generators, as regulated by Bulgarian Law of Waste Management;
- Consulting about keeping accountability of generated waste, according to Ordinance No. 1 dated 04.06.2014 and governing the procedures and forms of Waste Management, as well as procedure for keeping the public registers;
- Granting of containers for separate collection and temporary storage of waste;
- Environmentally friendly and lawful transportation of the generated non-hazardous and hazardous waste by specialized trucks according to ADR (The European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road);
- Pretreatment of waste, including their sorting, dismantling, repackaging, cutting, baling, briquetting, shredding, etc.;
- Transportation of waste for recycling or disposal in Bulgaria and abroad;
- Preparing of obligatory documentation for transportation and pretreatment of waste, according to Bulgarian and European legislation, including Notifications for transboundary shipment of waste;
- Submitting to the clients all the necessary documents that prove disposal, recycling or recovery of the generated waste.
In 2013 Metarex Co. Ltd. implemented and certified a Quality Management System according to requirements of the standard ISO 9001:2008, and a n year later - Occupational Health and Safety Management System according to OHSAS 18001:2008, which guarantees the responsibility of the company towards its employees and clients.
The company continuously improves through the years its Quality Management System in accordance with the amended requirements of the standard ISO 9001:2015, including in its scope the systems of establishing criteria determining when certain types of scrap metals cease to be waste according to the requirements of Regulations (EU) 333/2011 and 715/2013.
In 2017 Metarex Co. Ltd. implemented an Environmental Management System according to requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
The company owns scrap yards in the towns of Shumen, Varna and Dobrich. The scrap yards are equipped according to legal requirements, electronic scales, as well as all the equipment and containers for waste management.
In 2002 Metarex Co. Ltd. purchases and puts into operation the first installation in Bulgaria for processing of PET bottles scrap. The goal is to reduce the big quantities of used PET bottles, being generated and polluting the environment, by shredding and washing them to PET pellets. The latter is being used mainly in the textile and secondary PET production.
In its main activity range– processing of metal scrap, during the period from 2002 until now, the company participates and wins some auctions and public tenders for destruction by recycling of scrapped military equipment and spare parts in the Bulgarian army units all around the country. Metarex concludes and fulfils contracts for dismantling, cutting and processing of old and scrapped equipment with strategic Bulgarian companies.
Metarex Co. Ltd. is a subcontractor of Ecopack Bulgaria Jsc and Bulecopack Jsc, and as such, manages systems of separate packaging waste collection in the territory of the provinces of Shumen, Razgrad and Silistra. The company operates the only separate packaging waste sorting line in Shumen.
Metarex Co. Ltd. is a subcontractor of Greentech Bulgaria Jsc. – organization for recovery of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, as well as of Recobat Jsc. – organization for recovery of waste batteries and accumulators. The company organizes and implements systems of separate collection, treatment, processing, transportation and recovery of the wastes, collected for organizations’ objectives fulfilment.